Can you believe Granite Sports Medicine (GSM) is 5 years old? GSM is proud to the celebrate benchmarks, achievements, growth and success stories from the active community we’ve served in our first 5 years over the next month. Thank you Park County! Follow us on Facebook or stop by the clinic to see how you can participate in our anniversary month and win cool stuff!
To celebrate GSM’s 5 years of Success Stories from our active community, we are having lots of drawings for fun stuff. To enter, stop by GSM to fill out our quick “Say Something Nice” form, and we’ll enter you into a drawing for stainless steel GSM water bottles. We have a bunch so increase your odds by filling out a bunch!
If you aren’t able to stop by, share your testimonial online at http://www.granitesportsmedicine.com/livingston-physical-therapy-testimonials/ or post a phots of you and a GSM logo doing something cool on our facebook page to be included in drawings for deluxe GSM soft-side coolers!
At the end of the month, we will pick our 5 favorite “Say Something Nice” testimonials and each will win a cooler. The end of our 5-year anniversary month will culminate with a Cinco Tailgate party in GSM parking lot, 5/5/17 from 4 – 6 pm. We’ll have a full taco bar and more swag giveaways, so stop by and help us celebrate.
GSM’s 5 Pillars:
As part of a Prospera workshop on business startup many years ago, we created 5 Pillars that we felt were integral to the success of our business. It is interesting how these have summarized our culture at GSM and continue to be relevant.
- Strong community presence
- Client retention
- Positive work environment
- Efficient systems
- Fiscal responsibility
These pillars lead to a customer experience that makes a lasting impression, “The clinic, including the reception, is efficient, very professional and makes the patient more knowledgeable. The clinic is the most dedicated that has ever treated me. The patient is made to feel comfortable and cared for,” says a client and another adds, “Entering Granite Sports Medicine is a happy experience! There is an infectious enthusiasm that helps patients want to get better.”
GSM’s 5 Year Benchmarks:
- Remember the Main St Carwash? We sure do, and we remember all the pigeons. Yuck. It was important to us to repurpose an old structure and contribute to cleaning up Livingston’s Main Street. Amazing that Randy Cook had the vision and the skills to remodel the old car wash into the extensive physical therapy hub GSM is today.
- Client Retention/Customer Service: you made suggestions and we implemented them. No unnecessary paperwork at check in, virtually paperless clinic, clear explanations of client’s insurance benefits, and making sure our customers understand the process. Quote: “The front office staff is always welcoming, fun and positive. They are great with patients, explaining costs and insurance thoroughly, and juggling appointments around work schedules.”
- Winning the 2016 Montana Women’s Business Center’s Start-Up of the Year at Prospera Business Network’s annual Business Excellence Awards for exceptional contributions to the region's business community. “Prospera’s support has been a huge part of our success since opening our doors in 2012. Six years ago, I went into the Prospera office thinking, ‘Maybe I should open a physical therapy clinic,’ and here we are now with a beautiful 4,500 square foot facility and 9 employees. It’s been an incredible growth process and Prospera held my hand throughout; from developing a business plan, to formulating financial projections, securing gap financing, to building Human Resource manuals, and how to use social media. Prospera has been integral to GSM's success and I am so honored by this recognition. I feel like I went in as a pupil and recently graduated from their fantastic ‘Business Start-up School’,” says Darcy Cook.
- Hosting a sold-out first continuing education class in Level 1 KinetaCore Dry Needling. Part of our big vision was to be able to bring quality continuing education classes to Montana. Not only does it keep our PTs up to date but it elevates our entire profession. Our first class was a huge success and there will be more to come.
- Incredible growth. We can’t thank our community enough for the support over the past 5 years. We are fortunate to have experienced incredible grow and recruit amazing staff members, for that we thank you, our supportive and active community.
GSM’s 5 Physical Therapists
GSM’s mission is to enhance health and wellness through innovative, evidence-based Physical Therapy interventions. It has been our goal to be the most current, progression clinic in Southwest Montana. Our physical therapists are passionate about the profession and pursue the highest level of evidenced-based continuing education and certifications, offering clinical excellence.
We are proud to have all of our staff certified in Dry Needling as well as the following specialties:
- Founder Darcy Cook, MSPT; headaches and facial pain, and bonus: the physical therapist for the U.S. Snowboarding Team.
- Gary Miller, MS, PT, CPed; Orthotic Fabrication.
- Jennifer Gauthier, DPT; Vestibular Rehabilitation.
- Alison Shannon-Lier, DPT; Pelvic Floor Rehab.
- Max Bartlett, DPT; Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist and Sports Physical Therapy.
A client says of GSM founder Darcy Cook, “It is evident she stays informed with the latest in physical therapy news and advances in technology regarding the profession. Darcy is organized and thoughtful about her individualized treatment protocols. Thanks to her and to the staff at Granite Sports Medicine, I left each visit feeling positive about my recovery. We are lucky to be able to receive such care in the state of Montana.”
GSM’s 5 Community Actions:
- GSM sponsors various teams throughout the years, including Livingston Parks and Recreation youth basketball team (photo) with GSM’s Alison Shannon-Lier as one of the coaches.
- GSM sponsors and joins Western Sustainability Exchange’s Farmer’s Market. You may remember the awesome beer cozies we give away....
- GSM’s Gary Miller does free foot screens for the Park High track team.
- GSM’s Darcy Cook does physical therapy presentations at Park High’s Trades Day (back by popular demand!)
- GSM offers free 20-minute sports injury assessment to Park High athletes performed by Jennifer Gauthier and Max Bartlett
Thanks for all the support, enthusiasm and for inspiring us with your recovery GSM clients and community! Here’s to many more years of healing and actively enjoying our wonderful region.
Granite Sports Medicine is located at 315 S Main Street in Livingston, phone (406) 222-4682. Sign up for our informative newsletter at http://www.granitesportsmedicine.com/livingston-physical-therapy-newsletter/, share your testimonial online at http://www.granitesportsmedicine.com/livingston-physical-therapy-testimonials/ and follow us on social media at https://www.facebook.com/granitesportsmedicine.